Organize an activity
- Organize activities for women promoting healthy living and prevention of type 2 diabetes
- Organize activities around the importance of screening for gestational diabetes.
- Organise a flashmob
- Organise and/or sponsor a diabetes fair
- Organise a ‘Learn about diabetes‘ event in schools
- Organise a screening for type 2 diabetes in public places, including National Parliaments or City Halls
- Organise a press conference
- Organise a physical activity or sports event
- Organise an activity at your workplace
- Light a monument or building in blue (see images for inspiration at https://www.flickr.com/groups/wdd
- Invite local celebrities to support WDD
- Invite local celebrities to support WDD and attract media attention
- Reach out to local and national media for diabetes coverage
- Translate and disseminate the WDD campaign materials
Promote your World Diabetes Day activities
The World Diabetes Day events map provides the opportunity to share your WDD activities with the campaign’s global audience and to find out what is happening in your area. Submitting your event is an easy way to tell the world what you and the entire diabetes community are doing to raise diabetes awareness and support people living with diabetes.
Upload your activities
Share your activity pictures
Once your activity has taken place, make sure to share your pictures with us so that we can show how the 170 countries represented by IDF and the wider diabetes community are united in raising awareness and improving the lives of people living with diabetes.
You will be able to share your pictures with us on www.worlddiabetesday.org in November.